Grant Guidelines-Greensburg Foundation Fund
The Greensburg Foundation Fund (GFF) is an established endowment fund within The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County. The GFF's Distribution Committee meets once a year, in mid-winter and GFF grant applications can be submitted from December 1 through January 15 of each calendar year.
Applying non-profit agencies should take note of the following:
- The GFF primarily awards grants to charitable organizations that provide programming and projects to the residents of Greensburg, South Greensburg, Southwest Greensburg and Hempfield areas within the 15601 zip code.
- Secondary consideration will be given to organization that are located in the 15601 zip code but serve a broader population.
- The GFF does not typically award grants that support general operating expenses, capital campagins or religiously oriented activities. It supports special projects and programs in the areas of education, health and well being, basic needs, environment, neighborhoods and communities, economic revitalization and arts and cultures.
- Only one request per organization should be submitted and the request should be signed by the organization’s Board Chairman, Executive Director, President, or CEO.
- Reporting requirements from prior grants must be fulfilled before applying again.
- Application requests should not exceed $30,000.
A completed application must include one original and eight copies of the following:
- Complete CFWC application form.
- Grant request must be signed by the applying organization’s authorized designee as noted above.
In addition, include one copy of the following:
- Verification of charitable organization status (new applicants only).
- The latest year end audited financial statement or independent financial review.
- Current operation budget.
- Copy of Board list.
If an organization has a current and published WestmorelandGives portrait the above information does not have to be submitted.
Applications are due January 15. Complete Grant Application should be sent to:
The Greensburg Foundation Fund
The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County
Greensburg Garden & Civic Center
951 Old Salem Road, Penthouse Suite
Greensburg, PA 15601
A member of the CFWC Program Department must be contacted prior to submission of a grant request. Please contact Susan Acito by phone at 724-836-4400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.