Shadows of Scottdale
Saturday, October 3, 2020 7:00 pm
Scottdale Historical Society
143 Pittsburgh Street, Scottdale, PA 15683
Shadows of Scottdale is a downtown horror tour that will explore the dark, TRUE history of Scottdale's dearly departed. This year’s one-hour tour will feature a collection of new stops and stories of historically accurate tragedies in Scottdale. Expect tales of gruesome murders, robberies, fires, unsolved mysteries, and more.
- Family “Affair”: A family reconnects after 20 years and things quickly go very, very wrong.
- Mad Dog: 8 cars and townspeople try to run down a mad dog wreaking havoc downtown.
- On the Run: Two murderers escape an insane asylum and make their way to Scottdale.
- Something in the water..or chicken? Dozens fall ill at a family reunion. Was it poison or fowl play?
And for those who missed last year’s tour, these tales will be featured again:
- The 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, with new details
- Pine Tree Blast, told at Scratch Living Roastery & Cafe: once home to Loucks Hardware, the company featured in the story.
Tour Dates & Times:
- Saturday, October 3 | 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m.*, 8 p.m.*
- Saturday, October 10 | 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m.*, 8 p.m.*
- Saturday, October 17 | 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m.*, 8 p.m.*
- Saturday, October 24 | 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m.*, 8 p.m.*
*7:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. tours will be added as the earlier time slots fill up. Space is limited for each time, so purchase your tickets early!
Please arrive 30 minutes before your tour time at Scratch Living Roastery & Cafe in Scottdale to be checked in for your tour.
Tickets: Tickets are available for $15 each through our online ordering system only. No in-person tickets will be sold.
Included with your Ticket: Scratch Living will also offer one free small hot chocolate, cider or drip coffee with your ticket purchase to be used the night of the tour. Additional drinks may be purchased at the shop. Tour contains content not suitable for younger audiences. Please use discretion. Children and teens should be accompanied by a responsible adult. Tours will be held rain or by moonlight. Please dress accordingly.
COVID Restrictions Please review our Release & Waiver Agreement when purchasing a ticket (on the checkout screen). All attendees for the walking tour are required to wear a mask while checking in at Scratch Living Roastery & Cafe and suggested while participating in the tour. We also ask that you maintain social distance from others not in your "bubble" during the walking tour. If you are not feeling well or experiencing any symptoms of COVID, please stay home.