The Greensburg Foundation Fund (GFF) is an established endowment fund within The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County. The endowment is a combination of trusts that were established by more than 25 individuals and families from Greensburg to support organizations that serve the needs of that community.
- Funding is limited to organizations in the 15601 zip code or to support programming or initiatives that primarily serve the 15601 zip code.
- Only one application will be considered per organization (either the Small Grants Program or the Community Impact Grants Program).
Please review the details below and consider carefully the type and scope of grant you wish to apply for before submitting your request.
Small Grants Program To provide Greensburg nonprofits with the unique opportunity to request funds for program materials, office technology, and other smaller tangible items needed to run the organization or program.
- Amount: $5,000 or below
- Eligibility and Additional Requirements: Any nonprofit organization located in or serving residents of the 15601 zip code may apply. Examples of requests might include: small scale technology needs, personal care items for shelters or housing programs, food purchases for feeding programs, educational supplies for daycares or schools, and/or small renovation or improvement projects.
Community Impact Grants ProgramTo provide Greensburg nonprofits with the opportunity to obtain funding for renovation or capital projects and support for program implementation.
- Amount: $5,000 - $20,000.
Multiyear requests may be made up to a maximum of $40,000. Greensburg Foundation Fund will not provide more than 33% of the total cost of a program, project, or capital expense.
- Eligibility and Additional Requirements: Any nonprofit organization located in or serving residents of the 15601 zip code may apply. Examples of eligible projects might include: office renovations, capital projects such as new construction, or programmatic costs for new or existing initiatives. General operating costs will not be funded. Documentation must be provided for any proposed programmatic collaboration and existing funding commitments.
Applicants may only apply for one of the funding programs listed above.
The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County is an affiliate of The Pittsburgh Foundation, and all GFF grant applications will be processed through The Pittsburgh Foundation’s online grant portal.
APPLICATION TIMELINE 2021
Dates and times subject to change.
|RFP Released and Applications Open||June 1|
|RFP Info Session (virtual)||
June 8, 3-4 p,m,
|Application Due Date||July 9|
|Grantees Announced||August 13|